108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Cannot get "Virtual Connect Domain IP Address" to work

SOLVED
Go to solution
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Cannot get "Virtual Connect Domain IP Address" to work

I have some older Virtual Connects that I just realized the "Virtual Connect Domain IP Address" I had configured is not working - I don't think it ever worked - but I just noticed it now.

The model is "HP 1/10Gb VC-Enet Module" for Ethernet and "HP 4Gb VC-FC Module" for the SAN module.  The current firmware is "2.32".  I was thinking about updating the firmware and when checking them out to see where we were at, is when I noticed the IP address I assigned for the "Virtual Connect Domain IP Address" was not working.  I cannot connect to it via a web browser and I cannot ping the IP address.  When I connect to the primary ethernet module via it's IP address, I can see the that the 'Virtual Connect Domain IP Address" is set "correctly.  It has a valid IP address and the correct subnet and GW.  I tried to click the "Apply" button to force it to re-initialize, but that had no affect.

Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks

Nelson

1 REPLY 1
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Cannot get "Virtual Connect Domain IP Address" to work

I disabled "Virtual Connect Domain IP Address" (unchecked the box) and saved it.  Then I re-eabled it using the same IP information as before and saved it.  Now it works.

Nelson