1753318 Members
6519 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Configuring Virtual Connect Flex Fabric 10GB 24Port

nkldh
Occasional Advisor

Configuring Virtual Connect Flex Fabric 10GB 24Port

I have one C7000 enclosure with two flex fabric module. My network is with only 1GB. So i have placed two One GB SFP's on both module. I have configure one Simple Network and One Network with Vlans. My requirment is at least two GB. I want to create active active network to have more speed but when i am trying to create Shared up link set for the network which will have vlans, both uplinks are showing in stand by mode. I can see amber light on connectivity on both flex fabric module.

I have placed two two SFP's on port X5, X6 on both flex fabric modules.

Please advise?

3 REPLIES 3
Psychonaut
Respected Contributor

You need to have LACP enabled on the switch and both connections need to be on the same module.

nkldh
Occasional Advisor

I have only one Network Switch which is Cisco e560 g. LACP is also enabled. Two network ports are configured as trunk port. One cable from one port is connected to Bay1 Port X5 and Second cable is connected to Bay2 Port X5.

When i am creating SUS by using Bay1 Port X5 and Bay2 Port5 it is showing in Active/Passive.

I have another simple vnet which is configured on Bay1 PortX6 and Bay2 Port X6 which is also showing Active/Passive.

Mainly i need SUS in Active/Active mode. How can i configure that? One more issue i am facing is when both cables for SUS are connected to each VC Flex module than i lost connectivity on server sides. None of the server in this network is able to communicate each other. But when i remove one cable for SUS from either bay servers are able to communicate each other.

Thanks.

Psychonaut
Respected Contributor

To go active/active they have to be in the same VC Bay - Bay1 or Bay 2.  If you switch your config to using Bay1 X5/X6 for one SUS and Bay2 X5/X6 for the second SUS they will go Active/Active.