BladeSystem - General
1752747 Members
4905 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Fabric Generated WWNs and MACs are not visible on switches. VC FlexFabric 10Gb/24-port Module

Vitek
Advisor

Fabric Generated WWNs and MACs are not visible on switches. VC FlexFabric 10Gb/24-port Module

Hi All!

My customer has c7000 enclosure (OA3.32) with g7 and g8 blades and 2 VC FlexFabric 10Gb/24-port Modules (FW 4.01).

VCs were initially configured for VC assigned WWNs and MACs. Now customer want to use factory generated addresses.

When they cnanging to factory generated addresses, they can see new adresses on enclosure, but not on SAN and ethernet switches, there VCs are connected.

Same time, everything is working fine, when they changing back to VC assigned addresses.

I was looking for any similar issues in release notes for current VC FW, and find nothing.

Is it a configuration, firmware, or hardware issue?

1 REPLY 1
Psychonaut
Respected Contributor

Re: Fabric Generated WWNs and MACs are not visible on switches. VC FlexFabric 10Gb/24-port Module

I believe that after you make a change like that it will only affect the new profiles, not the existing ones.  You would have to delete and recreate them.

As an aside - the customer is always right, but in this instance I would try to talk them into keeping the VC assigned addresses.  In the long run it'll be much easier to replace failed or outdated servers.