4098 Online
108791 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Finding latest firmware

dirkdevos
Frequent Advisor

Finding latest firmware

Hi,

I would appreciate any help with the following. I am trying to get our C7000 firmware up to date. I have downloaded SPP 2016.04 and found one update to the OA itself. However we have a HP VC 8Gb 24-Port FC module (part number 466482-B21) that had version 3.01 installed and SPP 2016.04 had the same version however I found CP020368.scexe which had version 3.05.

Is that the latest version and if not, could somebody please point me to the right firmware. The reason is that we have other interconnects that we want to try and we are getting an incompatibility error. It's a FlexFabric 10Gb/24 port module and the part number is 571956-B21.

5 REPLIES 5
Paul Springer
Occasional Collector

I can't find the latest firmware for HP VC 16Gb 24-Port FC Module. I'm getting an error in our C-Class Blade enclosure that I need version 3.05 of this firmware. However the latest firmware that comes with OA 4.5 is 3.0. I can't find this anywhere to download. Does anyone have any suggestions?

The error is: Module in bay enc0:iobay3 firmware version 3.00 does not match the supported firmware version 3.05.

Thanks!

Interconnect Bay Status - Bay 3(HP VC 16Gb 24-Port FC Module)  Incompatible

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

the VC FC firmware is always included in the VC (ethernet) firmware bundle. the release notes have a table where you can see which FCversion belongs to which VC version.
consider to do a VERSION check with vcsu and post the results or just tell what VC version is installed.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Paul Springer
Occasional Collector

From VCSU...I thought I could get it from the SPP and the 450 bin file. I guess not...

HP VC 16Gb 24-Port FC      3.00 v7.2.1_38 module

Message says I need 3.05.

Paul Springer
Occasional Collector

I appreciate the help. Unfortunately the latest version I can find is 4.5.

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_1f352fb404f5410d9b2ca1b56d#tab-history

This is what I have and it doesn't include the newer firmware I need. It's not in the latest bundle that is available online.

I think I need to call support.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

VC FC firmware version 3.05 is part of VC firmware 4.50.

Get the file vcfwall450.bin and start vcutil in interactive mode (option update).

Leave all parameters to default except FORCE=HEALTH, review the summary and confirm the update.

This will only update the "incompatible" module.

VCFWtable.png

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!