1748275 Members
3867 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Firmware v1.30 - when is it out?

neilburton
Advisor

I was under the impression v1.30 would be out by now - can anyone confirm when we can expect it to become available? I'm currently working on a VC deployment in which I was hoping to be able to implement some v1.30 features, especially as the User Guide I have had for the last 3-4 weeks has refered to these features.
9 REPLIES 9
David Billot
Frequent Advisor

The 1.30 firmware was just released and is in the process of being published on hp.com. It could take a few days before it shows up. Thanks, Dave
artiman
Occasional Advisor

Neil, Can you provide some links related to the new features in the 1.3 firmware version?
neilburton
Advisor

If you download and read the latest VCM User Guide you will see it refers to a number of features which are introduced are not available with the current pre-1.30 firmwares. Off the top of my head I can think of the following: 1) VC-ENET networks have more options including Private Network and the ability to allow/disallow VLAN tunnelling per network 2) VC-FC introduces dynamic HBA port-to-fabric mapping rather than the static setup in previous versions. I am sure these aren't the only improvements. I was speaking to a HP blade chap last week at the Citrix iForum in Scotland and he said the firmware contains a number of key imrovements. Also thanks to dbillot for your swift response.
Arvydas Kazlauskas

>>The 1.30 firmware was just released and is in the process of being published on hp.com. It could take a few days before it shows up. Can't find it. Are they still trying to publish?
semcgee

Yes, there was a publishing issue. ETA is 2 weeks now out. So, by the end of the month it should be posted. We apologize for the delay.
Arvydas Kazlauskas

It was posted on 06.27 .2008 already.And then removed for some reason( bug ?). copy from HP WWW page : Enhancements Mapping of Server VLAN Tags This feature allows sharing of server links on multiple Virtual Connect networks. The Server Administrator defines a shared link set that identifies mappings between VLAN tagged packets on a link and Virtual Connect networks. A Virtual Connect domain-wide setting of Tunnel VLAN Tags or Map VLAN Tags is configured by the Network Administrator. тАв Private Networks This feature allows the Network Administrator to configure additional security by prohibiting communication among servers on a Virtual Connect network. тАв Managed Server Serial Numbers and UUIDs This feature allows the Server Administrator to select or define a range of virtual serial numbers to be associated (and migrated with) a Virtual Connect Server Profile. In addition, a randomly generated UUID is associated with the Virtual Connect Server Profile when this feature is enabled. Warning: use of Virtual Serial Numbers and UUIDs requires full integration with other applications, management tools and support infrastructure. Server Administrators should not enable this feature until the consequences of using the feature are fully understood and accepted. тАв Strong Passwords This feature allows the Domain Administrator to specify two parameters: a minimum password length and an optional password complexity requirement that disallows new passwords that do not contain at least one character from three of four categories: upper-case, lower-case, numeric, and special characters.
artiman
Occasional Advisor

I'was able to download the FW 1.3 version when it was out... should I revert to the old version ??? so far everything is working fine
Calvin Staples
Frequent Advisor

HP did pull this version do to a bug. My local HP rep told me to wait for version 1.31. Not official advice - "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!". That being said, you are on an unsupported version should you have a problem. My best advice would be to contact HP for their guidance.
mkendall
Frequent Advisor

I believe that 1.31 is now out. Regards, Mike