1753895 Members
7786 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Flex-10 and VCs

anthonypoh
Occasional Visitor

Flex-10 and VCs

Hi there, I'm pretty new to Flex-10 and have a quick question that I'm hoping you guys in the community maybe able to help with. I've basically got a c7000 with the VC 1/10Gb (eth) modules..... we're just about to purchase the newer G6 servers which seem to have Flex-10 NICs installed. I'm aware they will auto-sense the speed and clock down to 1Gb. I'm also aware that to be able to split a Flex-10 into 4 separate FlexNICs you need to have the VC-Flex 10 module. My query is: Will I be able to get the full 10Gb from the internal NICs by configuring the VC 1/10Gb module so the new server gets assigned to the CX4 port? Is this feasible? Many thanks.....
2 REPLIES 2
Jeroen_Kleen
HPE Pro

Flex-10 and VCs

Hello Anthony, No this will not be able; It doesn't matter of uplink you use on the HP VC 1/10 the downlinks will always be 1GB only this counts as well for the 1/10F VC module. Only the HP VC flex-10 module will be capable of using the new 10GB server downlink capability. Best regards, Jeroen
(I am an HPE employee)
anthonypoh
Occasional Visitor

Flex-10 and VCs

Thanks Jeroen for your quick reply..... I guess we'll just have to fork out a bit more money if we want to go 10Gb from server through to core switch. =)