7244 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP VC Flex-10 Enet - Active/Active not working

fpr
Occasional Contributor

HP VC Flex-10 Enet - Active/Active not working

Hi,

I am trying to achieve the Active/Active setup from example #11 in the Flex-10 cookbook, but always only one link is set to active the other remains in standby. By the way LACP  to the connectet HP 5900 isnt working too - only the static method.

What i did:

1. I assigned X5 and X6 from VC 1 to a SUS and connected them to the uplink switch on a static LAG.

2. I created a server profile and assigned the created SUS to it.

The result is only one active link - the other in standby.

Shouldnt both of the links be in actice state?

Why ist dynamic LACP not working? When enabling dynamic LACP with  stp edged-port in the 5900, both links remain in unselected state.

I read many posts in this forums - some said that actice/active ist only possible with a SUS builded from two VC bays (expample #11 does the opposite). Then i read on some posts that because VC behaves not like a switch dynamic LACP will not work.

So what is the correct way for setting up an active/active connection to an uplink switch with dynamic LACP enabled?

3 REPLIES 3
frenchy94
Regular Advisor

Active /Active configuration is between 2 VC nor one

---
L'absence de virus dans ce courrier électronique a été vérifiée par le logiciel antivirus Avast.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
fpr
Occasional Contributor

Ok - active/active is only possible with connectionen from different VC bays. I tried that and created one SUS with X5 from VC 1 and X5 from VC 2 - the result is the same: only one link is active. What could I do to debug that problem?
NareshISS
HPE Pro

Hello Team,

Please collect the VC show all, OA show all, VC support info.and log an HPE case for support.

Regards,

Naresh Sharma HPE

I am an HPE Employee.

Accept or Kudo