BladeSystem - General
1753768 Members
5684 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

HP VC Flex-10 Enet Module Firmware Upgrade.

lost872

HP VC Flex-10 Enet Module Firmware Upgrade.

Hi All,

Have just a quick question about the firmware upgrade on the HP VC Flex-10 Enet Module, We have recieved two new C7000 Chassis and I have tryed to upgrade the firmware on the HP VC Flex-10 Enet Module's they started at version 2.33 so I updated them to version 2.34, Now there is a version 3.15 out in the HP web site but each time I try to upgrade the firmware to this it will just sit there and do nothing.

I'm upgradeing the firmware from the HP Virtual Connect Manager/Tools/Firmware Management and the .bin file is around 120Mb Not to sure if this is too big for the HP Virtual Connect Manager or not.

If anyone has been able to upgrade to v3.15 can you please let me know how you got it to upgrade and also if there are issues with this version please let me know.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to write this and Thanks for your time.

lost872

6 REPLIES 6
Stevem
Frequent Advisor

Re: HP VC Flex-10 Enet Module Firmware Upgrade.

Lost872....

There is a utility called "VCSU.EXE", that is downloaded from the same page as the VC firmware, bottom of the page, current version os 1.5.1.

You will need to use this utility to upgrade to any 3.x version of VC fw.  You will notice that once upgraded to 3.x, the firmware upgrade option from the gui has been removed.

Try upgrading using VCSU from a windows PC.

Steve....

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Are you using the Virtual COnnect Support Utility to do the update?

For upgrading to VC 3.00 or later, the embedded Virtual Connect GUI and CLI FW update options

have been removed. VCSU v1.5.0 or later is the only method of FW update.

Here is the info pdf

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02514457/c02514457.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Abderrazak
Occasional Advisor

Hello all,

I have pb on blad c3000 , I need conect the server 460 to the prodect LAN , have VC flex10, when I access to VC manager and try to creat dmain or steup netwrk I find all the port statut ( Not Linked) for your information I use HPVirtual Connect Manager Vers 2,34 . is the firwer impact or shul I upfate the VC firmwer to 3?10 ...

your help is much apprciatted .

Hongjun Ma
Trusted Contributor

you need to check your transceives and cables between Flex-10 and upstream switch. this is lower layer cabling issue.

btw, you are at port monitoring page. to set up Shared uplink set, you should go "define" menu at the top. you can find some VC tutorials at my blog link.

My VC blog: http://hongjunma.wordpress.com

Abderrazak
Occasional Advisor

Hello ,

Thank you for your replay ,, I will tray to check that , also the version of the firmwork does not impact :

OA found at 192.168.10.222 with firm  version 3.30

VCM Firmware Version: 2.34 

is that make problem ????

Hongjun Ma
Trusted Contributor

you should consider to upgrade VC at one point. that version is a little old now.

but this problem should have nothing with your VC firmware version. it's cabling/tranceiver issue.

My VC blog: http://hongjunma.wordpress.com