BladeSystem - General
1748265 Members
4111 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

How to automate(by using scripts/ssh) HP OA Board and VC-Flex configuration backup?

JuhaA
Occasional Contributor

How to automate(by using scripts/ssh) HP OA Board and VC-Flex configuration backup?

Hi,

Has anybody automated the HP OA Board and VC-Flex configuration backup using scripts/ssh? If you have a sample scripts available for both OA Board and VC-Flex, that would be great.

I was trying to backup the VC-Flex configuration using a script, but it fails. If I manually execute the same command in a SSH session, it is successful. 

When using script I get the following response: "ERROR: Operation failed", and when I run the same command manually in SSH session I get "SUCCESS: Config backup transfer completed"

The command I'm using is:

save configbackup address=sftp://user:password@host/new-vc-config-backup

Thanks!

P.S. This thread has been moved from HP BladeSystem to HP BladeSystem Virtual Connect. - Hp Forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
Steve_Tippett
Frequent Advisor

Re: How to automate(by using scripts/ssh) HP OA Board and VC-Flex configuration backup?

Here's a snippet from the Windows command file I use, that envokes VCSU and passes it parameters.

VCSU -a collect -i %Encl-Name% -u UserID -p password -vcu UserID -vcp password

VCSU -a configbackup -i %Encl-Name% -u UserID -p password -vcu UserID -vcp password -l %Encl-Name%-VCM-ConfigBackup.CFG

rename oaShowAll.txt %Encl-Name%-OA1-Summary.txt
rename vcmShowAll.txt %Encl-Name%-VCM-Summary.txt