1751972 Members
4975 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to configure VC Enet modules in an active-active state

MAC20
Occasional Visitor

How to configure VC Enet modules in an active-active state

How can you configure a single-enclosure VC domain with two active VC modules? 

Here's my senario:
I have a C7000, OA firmware 4.01 ,VC firmware 4.50.
The HP VC Flex-10/10D Modules are in Bay1 and 2. I have 1 uplink in each going to two Juniper switches respectiviley.
 I have created one Ethernet network with both the uplinks from Bay1 and 2. With one appreaing as Linked-active and the other as Linked-Standby.

How do I get both uplinks as Linked-active. How do I configure an active-active senario?

The reason I am looking into this is because we had a planed upgrade on one of the Juniper switches and once the switch went down connected to the active uplink, it took a while(1min) for the HP VC switch to failover to the Linked-standby uplink and make that active.

5 REPLIES 5
Vivekem
HPE Pro

Hi

For VC configuration, please refer to the VC cookbook.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c02616817

There are different scenarios in the cookbook. Please match with your current setup and choose the scenario in the cookbook.

Thank You!
I am an HPE employee

Hi Vivekem,

Thanks for your response.

I have been trying out the senarios mentioned in the cookbook but all the senarios mentioned for Active/Active uplinks are used for shared uplinks sets. Is it possible to have a simple vNet with Active/Active uplinks?

If the simple vNet is not possible can you have a shared uplink set without vlan tags (we do not use vlans in our environment)?

Many Thanks,
Eric

frenchy94
Regular Advisor

Hi

You need to use Shared up link set or tunnel mode in order to get
active/active state all others configuration goes to Active/standby

JY

---
L'absence de virus dans ce courrier ├йlectronique a ├йt├й v├йrifi├йe par le logiciel antivirus Avast.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
Gateway_HAR
Occasional Visitor

Hi

Just wondering what you mean by your comments, I have a shared uplink set and it says linked-standby and linked-active.  How do I get them to be active, active?   Thanks

Casper42
Respected Contributor

Create 2 vNets, assign each to only 1 VC module (multiple ports on that module is fine).

VLAN10_A mapped to VC 1
VLAN10_B mapped to VC 2

Then mix 1 of each in the Server Profile and team them in the OS.