5451 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to use All VC Module in c7000 IC

OS1
Frequent Visitor

How to use All VC Module in c7000 IC

Hi,

we have four Hp 1/10Gb-Enet Modules 8 port 1G ethernet uplink which is installed as blow sequency in my C7000 chassis. Bay1, Bay2, Bay5, Bay6.

What my problem is that i have 16 BL460 half hight blades each have 2 10G embeded NICs and i want to utilize all my 32 Uplink ports but in VC manager i have seen that my servers are not listed in Bay5 and  Bay6 modules.

My Question : 

What i would like to know is that if i can stack all VC to each other with 10G CX port than my server will be listed in Bay5 and Bay6 or not because as per chassis document embeded NIC's ports are always hard mapped to Bay1, and Bay2 modules.

6 REPLIES 6
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

The built-in NICs (LOM) are wired to IC bay 1 and 2, other IC bays are wired to the mezzanine ports of the servers.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
OS1
Frequent Visitor

Dear Torsten,

I know bultin NIC's are mapped with Bay1 and Bay2. but i would like to know that if i can stack all VC modules togather than i am able to map my bultin NIC on other VC Module or not.

OS1
Frequent Visitor

Furthermore no mezzanine card are installed in my Bl460c G6. 

i want to map my Bl460c bultin Nics to my Bay5 and Bay6 as well in current senario chassis is only mapping my Bl460c Nics to Bat1 and Bay 2 which is default behavior.

Can i achive this with stacking or NOT.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Like this?

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-BladeSystem-Virtual-Connect/Virtual-Connect-Flex-10-LAN-Module-Stacking-question/td-p/2363991

But does it make any sense?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
OS1
Frequent Visitor

Dear Torsten,

Please see the attached modules pics i have 4 modules like this. Model Hp Vc 1/10Gb enet module.

if i can stack all modules to gather than i am able to connect my Embeded Nic's to Bay5 or Bay6 or not.

Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

As Torsten already mentioned, the embedded NICs are routed to bays 1 and 2.  This cannot be changed.  You would stack VC modules together if you are using Ethernet mezzanine cards.

If you wish to gain more uplink ports you will need to either add mezzanine cards allowing you to use VCEnet modules in the other bays (though you will then need to manage the additional NICs on the servers), or you can upgrade your VC modules to newer Flex-10/Flex-10D which provide more uplink ports per module.

I am also thinking you may be able to utilize vlans here?

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!