cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrity and Proliant Blades in the same C7000 chassis, with Virtual Connect

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Integrity and Proliant Blades in the same C7000 chassis, with Virtual Connect

Sean was looking to confirm that Integrity and ProLiant blades could work in the same chassis with Virtual Connect modules:

I am working on a design architecture that proposes a converged infrastructure; to install Integrity and Proliant Blades in the same C7000 chassis. The chassis will be using VirtualConnect. I have been told by some people that this is not recommended as Firmware issues can cause incompatability.

Could someone please confirm:

• whether there is still a recommendation to keep Proliant & Integrity blades separate
  • why this is the case

I have had a quick look at the BladeSystem Support Knowledge Center but could not find any guidelines – apologies if there are and please point me at them.

********************************************************************************

Eirik responded:

************************************************************************************

Hi Sean.

It is not supported with VC-firmware earlier than 3.01, if you have VC-firmware 3.01 there should be no problems as far as I am concerned.

Also recommend you upgrade the OA to 3.10 and blade firmware accordingly.

Should be good to go. Are you using both Integrity and ProLiant blades in the same chassis? Let us know for what sort of workloads. Thanks.