3695 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Inter Virtual Connect Module Connectivity

tim_andrews
Occasional Visitor

Inter Virtual Connect Module Connectivity

Hi,

I'm new to virtul connect so please go easy on me :-)

I am looking to deploy some virtual network appliances serving different network "zones" onto a shared C7000 chassis.

My question is, is it possible for any data to route between VC modules that aren't directly next to each other so say from  a VC module in bay 1 to another below it in bay 3? I understand that bays 1-2, 3-4, 5-6 & 7-8 have internal connections.

The reason for my question is that I would like to connect 3 pairs of VC ethernet modules to 3x different sets of switch infrastructures but I cannot afford for there to be any potential cross connection between the 3 "zones" via the VC modules in the blade chassis.

Hope this makes sense!!

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2
Phillip Thayer
Esteemed Contributor

There is a section in the instrllation and configuration document for Virtual Connect that shows different "Stacking" link configurawtions.  The stacking links are what allows vertical communication between the VC modules.,  You are also able to connect VC modules in multiple enclosures via the stcking links.

Phil

Once it's in production it's all bugs after that.
Arthur_35
Occasional Advisor

I'm curious are you using legacy Virtual Connect Manager or Oneview to make your configurations?