BladeSystem - General
1753761 Members
4549 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Is it possible to import VC Flex-10 configuration into a new VC Flex-10/10D?

SOLVED
Go to solution
LouisH
Valued Contributor

Is it possible to import VC Flex-10 configuration into a new VC Flex-10/10D?

We are standing up two new enclosures (Platinum series). My Manager wants to use the new enclosures for a new deployment we are in the middle of. My question is simply this: Can I save VC Flex-10 configuration (VC 4.20) to a new enclosure with Flex-10/10D configuration (VC 4.20)? The configuration would be the same.

Blades would be in same bays 1 thru 9 in new...

VC Flex-10/10D in bays 1 and 2

VC FC 8/24 in bays 3 and 4

OA is running 4.30

Is this doable? and would I save any time moving original OA from older to newer enclosure?

Regards,

Louis

2 REPLIES 2
HEM_2
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Is it possible to import VC Flex-10 configuration into a new VC Flex-10/10D?

you can't restore a backup config file from a domain consisting of Flex-10 modules to a domain consisting of Flex-10/10D modules.

Instead you need to use the Virtual Connect Manager CLI.  In the CLI, capture the output of the following command:

show config -includepoolinfo

you can then use the captured script to deploy to your new domain.

Here is a doc that details the process:

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.BINARYPORTLET/public/kb/docDisplay/resource.process/?spf_p.tpst=kbDocDisplay_ws_BI&spf_p.rid_kbDocDisplay=docDisplayResURL&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&spf_p.rst_kbDocDisplay=wsrp-resourceState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c03885329-3%257CdocLocale%253Den_US&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken 

LouisH
Valued Contributor

I reviewed the document...I may be missing something but this is updating from older VC modules to newer Flex-10/10D modules using SAME enclosure (?). I was trying to "move" entire vc configuration to newer enclosure.

I see how to use VC CLI (scripting, etc.) but enclosure serial number will change. Wont that affect VC domain after the script is run against new enclosure?

Regards,

Louis