BladeSystem - General
1753701 Members
5190 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Issue Importing Chassis in to Domain Group : VCEM 1.30 - VC 2.10 - OA 2.50 - ilO 1.77

Alex Haddock
Occasional Advisor

Issue Importing Chassis in to Domain Group : VCEM 1.30 - VC 2.10 - OA 2.50 - ilO 1.77

Hi all, I'm having trouble importing 2 chassis in to a domain group. I've triple checked that the configs are the same with respect to Shared Uplink Sets and vNets (both through the GUI and CLI). Hardware is identical. The import fails saying that there is a mismatch. When I look in the event logs then 4 of my virtual connect networks (on the master chassis already in the DG) indicate that the issue is related to preferred network speed. The odd thing is that this doesn't show for all of the created Virtual Connect networks and I've checked the Multiple Network Speed settings and it is not selected. Nor to any of the server profiles indicate a preferred network speed for Multiple networks. Any ideas will be gratefully recieved. Server profiles are created on all the chassis and storage is zoned so completely resetting the chassis to be imported is not really an option. Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
vcblades
Frequent Advisor

Can you set speed to AUTO/AUTO and then try to import? If Yes, what is the result when you import. Try toggling your Active VC-Enet to standby on all the chassis and revert it back successfully - then go ahead with the import? - Result? On a side note, update FW to v2.51 ( may not make a difference for your scenario ..upto you) OA Version: 2.51 (29 May 2009) Fixes Fixed an issue introduced in HP BladeSystem Onboard Administrator version 2.50 where the Insight Display (LCD) DVD connect screen, KVM menu screen, SNMP and Alertmail interfaces would display "Unknown" for all server blade names.
Alex Haddock
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the suggestions but no joy I'm afraid. Did the failover and same error. Updated OA to 2.51, did failover and same error. Going to try deleting and then adding the offenting networks again as I can't for the life of me find anywhere that is setting a preferred speed as detailed below. The Network [Internal_LAN-1] is different from the VC Domain Group configuration: -Preferred Link Connection Speed (100/0) The Network [Management_VLAN-1] is different from the VC Domain Group configuration: -Preferred Link Connection Speed (100/0) The Network [Internal_LAN-2] is different from the VC Domain Group configuration: -Preferred Link Connection Speed (100/0) The Network [Management_VLAN-2] is different from the VC Domain Group configuration: -Preferred Link Connection Speed (100/0) [Updated on 6/10/2009 6:20 AM]
Alex Haddock
Occasional Advisor

Cool, fixed it without having to delete the networks though I assume the result would have been the same. Despite VC Manager saying the networks were on Auto I think there must have been some "hangover" from an earlier config that had not been fully overwritten somewhere. For example one of my LANs was showing as follows: >show network Internal_LAN-1 Name : Internal_LAN-1 Status : OK Smart Link : Enabled State : Enabled Connection Mode : Auto Shared Uplink Set : Prod_SharedSet1 VLAN ID : 32 Native VLAN : Disabled Private : Disabled VLAN Tunnel : Disabled Preferred Speed : Auto Max Speed : Unrestricted Despite the PreferredSpeed showing as Auto I ran : ->set network Internal_LAN-1 PrefSpeedType=Auto SUCCESS: Network modified : Internal_LAN-1 Also did this for the other 3 offending networks and I guess it just cleared out the system. [Updated on 6/10/2009 6:41 AM]
vcblades
Frequent Advisor

Great to hear that, on a side note - if the network connections are 1GB, then set the uplink speed it to Auto - If they are different than 1GB set them to their PrefSpeedType=whatever their speed is
bswrchrd
Occasional Contributor

Reset the network PrefSpeedType to what the domain is and that should fix it.