HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
BladeSystem Virtual Connect
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limiting Virtual Connect bandwidth to a single blade

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Limiting Virtual Connect bandwidth to a single blade

Torbjorn had an interesting customer question:

I have a customer who asked me a question I didn’t really know how to answer today.

This customer is a service provider selling both virtual and physical machines. They are using VC FF and BL460c Gen8s. For their physical machines they are selling BW “as a service” and would like to limit the maximum bandwidth available to the server. With older (pre 4.01 VC) they would just create their FlexNIC1 and 2 to the bandwidth requested by the customer, and create a “dummy” FlexNIC3 and 4 filling/locking up the remaining bandwidth. The VC 4.01 and later they are no longer able to set a maximum on the FlexNIC interface, only minimum.

Both physical and virtual servers shared the same network, so limiting in the VC Network is not an option.

Anyone had this question pop up? If so, did you find a solution?

Reply from Mark:

It was specifically added to the VC User Guide to discuss pre- 4.01 behavior and how to cap Max. You may want to review this information and test to determine if it works for your solution.

http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c04227172-2.pdf

webpic306.jpg

Other comments?