Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NC542m - only displays two connections in Device Manager

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

NC542m - only displays two connections in Device Manager

Manual had a customer question:

My customer has a c7000 enclosure with FlexFabric modules in bays 1 & 2 and  Flex-10s in bays 3 & 4 running VCM v3.17.   There are some BL460c G7 servers running Windows2008 R2 with an NC542m in Mezz 1.   The NC542m is only displaying two connections in Device Manager, not 8 as it should since this is a Dual Port Flex-10 10GbE adapter and consequently when he creates a server profile it only allows two connections.  The adapter driver version is 2.2.2.6704 and the firmware is 2.7.9110.  Is there something else that needs to be done to this adapter to get it to perform as expected?  I have been working on this issue for some time now and am no closer to finding a resolution so any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

Jeroen replied:

Hello Manuel,

You still might need to remove and re-insert the server after you have done all the FW level upgrades on the card; or use the OA CLI command: reset server x (where x is the bay number).

Then it should work.

Manual reported back:

Jeroen,

Thanks for that suggestion.  I just heard back from the customer and that fixed the issue.

Comments or suggestions?