BladeSystem - General
1748288 Members
3474 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: On flex-10 interconnects, can I use x7 for an uplink without causing problems?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mike O.
Regular Advisor

On flex-10 interconnects, can I use x7 for an uplink without causing problems?

We have a C7000 chassis with the Flex-10 interconnects, the ones with x7 and x8 ports shared with the horizontal crosslink.

Does virtual connect need BOTH x7 and x8 for the crosslink, or can one be sufficient?

In our setup X0 is used for the vertical crosslink to VC modules in bays 5 & 6.  We have ports x1-x6 in use.  x7 and x8 are empty at this time and are the horizontal crosslinks.

We have a project where I need one more port for use as an uplink.    If I put an SFP in port x7 and configure it for an uplink (and leave x8 empty), will it cause any issues with the configuration? 

Also, when plugging in the SFP into x7, will it cause any interruption to the chassis?

2 REPLIES 2
Psychonaut
Respected Contributor

Re: On flex-10 interconnects, can I use x7 for an uplink without causing problems?

The short answer is yes.  Obviously make sure to leave the same one open on both Bays or you will have problems.  

You can also physcially connect 3 or 4 I believe; if you had needed both 7 & 8.  

Thomas Martin
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Hello,

yes you can work with Crosslink over x8. But you can also use the ports x2-x6 on Bays 5+6 for additional Uplinks.