5685 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Port aggregation/trunking

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Yes that's it.

If you want multiple VLAN's, create the SUS and 1 or more Ethernet networks underneath that SUS (compare with your existing connection) and add the 3 physical ports...

By default you will see 1 port active and 2 other standby, if the LACP trunk on the switch is configured well, you have to see 3 active ports...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
Niknok
Advisor

Thanks again! I'm currently doing this on an non-production VC and I'm done doing the SUS. However, how will I test it? I haven't put anything on the associated network list under SUS.

BTW, the port status says ports are not linked and not available.

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

It is possible that it states now that it is not linked. I assume that you didn't create a server profile for a blade?

You need to create at least 1 Ethernet network underneath the SUS.

Besides that you need at least 1 server profile assigned to a blade in the enclosure and that server profile must have at least 1 connection used of the SUS...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Niknok
Advisor

Yeah I just found out from a colleague. He said the first step that needs to be done is to create a domain. Any ideas about this?
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

You just mentioned that you created a SUS already? So in that case you must have a Domain already... If you don't have a domain, you cannot configure anything...

Try the wizards which are available in the VC console... And compare with your existing environment...

Also a good document to check tis the Virtual Connect Cookbooks: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01990371/c01990371.pdf

Kr,

Bart

Niknok
Advisor

There is an existing domain and I just deleted it and wanted to start from scratch. Any ideas what ip address should be added on the domain?
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

I am sorry but I cannot assist you with giving an IP address for your network...

Niknok
Advisor

Hi again! I have already created a domain but I think there is a problem when adding a port on define a single network. Everytime I add a port, the defined network lists does not show a checkmark on the defined network list.

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Are you creating a SUS, like you mentioned before, or a Ethernet network? Which firmware are you running? Do you get any errors? A screenshot would help also...

I tried this several times before and never had issues with it...

Kr,

Bart