1748237 Members
3685 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Possible to reset a single port on HP VC 8gb 24-Port FC Module

rpommier
Occasional Collector

Possible to reset a single port on HP VC 8gb 24-Port FC Module

We have a HP VC 8gb 24-Port FC Module that we tried to transfer connections over to a new Cisco Switch. We moved the fiber cable over and it wouldn't link. So we moved it back to the original switch and it's still not connected, no link and Virtual Connect Manager shows that it's not logged in. 

Is there a way to reset a single port on the FC module? I can't find a CLI command specifically for the FC port.

Any nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
derick_souza
Frequent Advisor

there is no CLI command. All management are thourgh virtual connect manager.

you could check the configuration guide - https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c02616817

rpommier
Occasional Collector

We have a maintenance window Sunday, going to try to reset it

rmay_bk
Valued Contributor

I've had this happen before.  Sometimes changing the port speed then changing it back will "unstick" the port and get me back online.

rpommier
Occasional Collector

So I'm still wrestling with this issue. Here's everything I have done so far.

• We have a new SAN Switch Cisco 9396, old Switch 9506
  • We moved 2 connections from the c7000 Bay3 Ports 7/8 to the new switch
  • Those ports reported "Not-Logged-In", We moved them back to the old switch and they still reported "Not-Logged-In"
  • We deleted those ports, create a new SAN Fabric using the ports that would not connect, that Fabric won't connect using ports 7/8. Red X on the Fabric
  • The Cisco 9396 reports "Cisco fc link failure or not connected" & "No Optical Signal. Pls check physical connection"
  • The SAN team implemented the NPIV suggestion from the article that was sent, still no connection.

Is there some way to let the vConnect Module know that there is a new SAN switch? I'm puzzled as to why the connections would not link to the old switch after moving. It's almost as if some type of "port-security" thing has been flipped and just killed communication on those ports.

Also want to mention that I have reset the module, powered it off/on, and changed the speed back and forth.

Any additional thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks