BladeSystem - General
1752782 Members
6091 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Resetting WWNs, MACs and Serial Numbers in Virtual Connect?

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Resetting WWNs, MACs and Serial Numbers in Virtual Connect?

Question from Mark:

Is there a way to reset the HP pre-defined WWNs, MACs and serial numbers in VC to start at the beginning of the HP pre-defined range?

We are rebuilding our CMS from scratch and we've exported the config from VCEM and blown away the server.  I've deleted all server profiles in VC and want to start over from the beginning.

VC won't let me start with WWN 50:06:0B:00:00:C2:8E:00.  It starts with 8E:30.

My brocade zoning and EVA host WWNs are base upon the WWN starting from 8E:00.

Input from Dan:

Delete the domain and start over

Or

Builds and tear down several hundred more profiles until the address range loops

if it's only 1 or 2 machines that you need to use specific WWNs on, you can use the command line to create a profile and specify a specific value. but after doing so, that WWN  will never be auto assigned to a new profile again.

syntax for the command line is documented in the virtual connect command line users guide

And:

Here is an example now that I am back at home:

add profile CLITEST -NoDefaultEnetConn -NoDefaultFcConn -NoDefaultFcoeConn NAG=Default add enet-connection CLITEST Network=VLAN10_A PXE=UseBIOS AddressType=User-Defined EthernetMAC=00-60-b0-24-20-a9 iScsiMAC=00-60-b0-24-20-b0 add enet-connection CLITEST Network=VLAN10_A PXE=UseBIOS AddressType=User-Defined EthernetMAC=18-a9-05-0a-3d-ef iScsiMAC=18-a9-05-0a-3d-f0

Those are MACs from random printers at my house, but you can sub in anything you like as long as VC/VCEM doesn't think its already assigned to another profile.

Since you deleted the profiled you should be ok.

PS: iSCSIMAC is required.  Not entirely sure why.

Any other input for Mark?