1752350 Members
6124 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Stacking Link

George49v

Stacking Link

Hi, I tring to interconect a C7000 VC 1/10Gb- with 3 vlans in 3 independent ports and i need to interconect a new C7000 to share profiles with the stackin link cable but in this enclosure have VC Flex 10, this can be posible? because when a try to discover the enclosure have this message, " Request to authenticate a remote failed because the local enclosure has a non-fiber enet module in bays 1 or 2 of the primary enclosure, which is nos supported in Multi-enclosure enviroment." this means that they are not campatibles? or how can interconect them for share andr create profiles from the enclosure 1, thank you!!!
5 REPLIES 5
Markus Liebl

Stacking Link

Hi, most likely you have VC 1/10 in bay 1/2 of your already running enclosure. For Enclosure Stacking to work you need to have VC 1/10-F or Flex10 in the so called base enclosure (which is the one already running a VC Domain). Cheers Markus
George49v

Stacking Link

Right Marcus this is my actual configuration but when a try to discover the new enclosure have this message, this is my first you see working with stackin Link and not like initiating this configuration, if you had some league that helps me to form it or if you can send to some information you to me. thanks for your attention to your answer!!!!
Jeroen_Kleen
HPE Pro

Stacking Link

Hello Jorge, Maybe this URL helps a little bit: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c01724621 Furthermore is some information documented in the VC usersguide: Www.hp.com/go/bladesystem/documentation best regards, Jeroen
(I am an HPE employee)
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Stacking Link

Jorge, Your (1st) base enclosure has 1/10 VC - so you cannot add a new enclosure with Flex-10 to it. As far as I understand the 1/10VC does not have enough memory to cope with knowing about the Flex-10. So you can add a 1/10VC to Flex-10 but not the other way around. You need to move the blades to the Flex-10 enclosure then reset the config on the 1/10 VC and import that into the Flex-10 config.
George49v

Stacking Link

thanks to all by its answers, greetings