BladeSystem - General
1752749 Members
4918 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Unable to get LACP to work with the HP VC Flex-10 Enet Module and Cisco Nexus 7k switches

PeterM23
Established Member

Unable to get LACP to work with the HP VC Flex-10 Enet Module and Cisco Nexus 7k switches

Hello All,

My networking team wants to move from the current Cisco Nexus 5k switches to the Cisco nexus 7K switches and want me to move to the 10Gb cables from my 2 Bays on my C7000 chassis 

Right now I have X1 and X2 connected to from Bay1 and X1 and X2 connected from Bay2 to my 5k switches in LACP mode.

Now what I have noticed is that when I move the first 2 cables from Bay 1 i.e X1 and X2 to the Cisco 7k switch and the networking guys make that in a trunk with LACP enabled, one of my links is in active mode and the second one goes in Stand by!

If I switch it back to the old 5K switch, it goes back to being Active/Active again. Now they have confirmed that they are making the LACP the right way but still no luck.

I even tried to move 2 ports from my Bay2 (X1 and X2) and I encounter the same issue, so I had to move it back to the 5K switch.

I mean LACP is configured and working on 5k, so I don't understand why its breaking when moving to 7K switches.

Also if there a setting I need to make sure it's enabled on the virtual connect side when it comes to LACP? I can check that if someone can point me in the right direction.

I have SmartLink enabled for the networks for connection to these 2 bays.

Thanks

P

1 REPLY 1
Prashanth27

Re: Unable to get LACP to work with the HP VC Flex-10 Enet Module and Cisco Nexus 7k switches

Hello,

Please make sure the Cisco Nexus vPC Configuration is done as per Virtual Connect and Cisco Nexus vPC configuration. Once the Cisco swithces are in vPC Virtual Connect will see the switchs as 1 switch and make the Uplinks Active. Please refer to HPE Virtual Connect Flex-10 and Nexus vPC (virtual PortChannel) Configuration will provide you detailed information and configuration of Virtual Connect. Disucssed in below link. 

https://community.hpe.com/t5/BladeSystem-Virtual-Connect/HP-Virtual-Connect-Flex-10-and-Nexus-vPC-virtual-PortChannel/td-p/1420#.XTd4hegzZnI 

Thank you. 

I am a HPE Employee