BladeSystem - General
1753408 Members
7145 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Uplink from VC Flex-10 to A5800 using DAC.

BHDofa
Occasional Advisor

Uplink from VC Flex-10 to A5800 using DAC.

Hi,

Does anybody knows is DAC HP X240 SFP+ SFP+ 3 m Direct Attach Cable (JD097B) supported with VC Flex-10 or does A5800 switch support DAC from flex-10 (487655-B21) HP BLc SFP+ 3m 10GbE Copper Cable. If I can not found a matching cable I need to go with fiber and that takes my bill astronomically high (4 x DAC = 800$, 8 x FC transceivers + FC cables = 8000$) it is 10 times more expensive. I got a info that VC team is preparing a firmware v3.3 for virtualconnect but I do not have info is DAC list extended like last time with v3.01.

We are in process of getting a VC Flex-10 and 2 x A5800 but this issue with DAC I'm skeptic because it takes price of HP switches in rank with Cisco switches and I might just go with them.

4 REPLIES 4
Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

BHDofa
Occasional Advisor

The A series DAC is not on the list, i found a site where it states that all DAC will work but there will not be supported by HP. It is interested that HP do not support there own DAC (ex. 3Com).

Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

I guess the list I linked to above is too old to have the part number you are looking for, they probably changed the PNs in the meantime...

BHDofa
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

I just get info from HP networking group that A series DAC will be included in new firmware for VC flexfabric and flex-10 that is planed for release in 2-4 weeks if all goes as planed. So we will just hold on and see what will happen.