1753907 Members
8520 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Urgent - Remove VCM lock when VCEM is not available

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Urgent - Remove VCM lock when VCEM is not available

Jose had a customer issue when going from an older vrsion of Virtual Connect Enterprise Manager(VCEM) to just using Virtual Connect Manager (VCM)

******************************************************************************************************************

Does anyone know how to remove the VCM lock which comes from an old VCEM no longer available?

I’m trying the VCM CLI remove external-manager with all the parameters, but it states my user has no permission to do that.

When I log into the VCM with the local Administrator account, it says I have no privileges as expected since it is controlled by a VCEM … but it does not exist anymore! ☹

Of course, when I try to manage the VCM through a freshly installed VCEM, it fails when creating the domain group because of this.

So, is there any way to force the lock removal? Any way to elevate the privileges of the local user account to a somewhat usable state?

Thank you so much for any advice you can give me on this!

********************************************************************************************************************

Then he solved his own problem:

******************************************************************************************************************

I’m sorry, I found the Solution:

It was a matter  of not trying to do everything at the same time ☺

First you have to disable the external-manager username Then you have to remove the external manager username And finally re-assign the mac/wwn/sn ranges

This worked for me ☺

Show external-manager <-- to retrieve the VCEM username

set external-manager username=USERNAME_RETRIEVED enabled=false

set external-manager username= USERNAME_RETRIEVED enabled=false

remove external-manager mactype=User-Defined MacStart=00-17-A4-77-00-00 MacEnd=00-17-A4-77-03-FF wwnType=User-Defined WwnStart=50:06:0B:00:00:C2:62:00 WwnEnd=50:06:0B:00:00:C2:65:FF serverIdType=User-Defined serverIdStart=VCX0000000 serverIdEnd=VCX00000ZZ

You will have to modify the last command to suit your VCM ranges, in my case I needed the first HP Predefined Range.

Paul also cautioned:

********************************************************************************************************************

Be very sure the range you define encompasses all WWNs used in profiles, or you risk vc domain config loss.  There is an Engineering Advisory (EA) on this.

****************************************************************************************************************

What a guy! Maybe his pain will be your gain. Let us know if you found another solution.

1 REPLY 1
Psychonaut
Respected Contributor

Re: Urgent - Remove VCM lock when VCEM is not available

At the prompts you must spell out yes (not just a y) for this to work for the set and remove commands.