4215 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: VC Active Standby Issue

Tech_User
Occasional Contributor

VC Active Standby Issue

Hello All,

We have recently purchased a C7000 with 2 VC FlexFabric 10GB modules and i'm trying to configure these in Active/Active scenario.

I have tried few ways (see attachments)

1 - Create ONE Shared Uplink Set with a port from bay 1 and bay 2 into one trunk then created a server profile.

2 - Created TWO  Shared uplink Sets for each bay and created a trunk for each (trunk1 and trunk2)

Currently we have one HP A5800 switch with both ports configured as LACP.

Despite the above i can't get Active Active working, what am i missing? I have worked through the HP Cookbook for these settings.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
BastiaanVisee
Occasional Contributor

We have two SUS (one per VC module) in our latest C7000 and we configured two links to our (different) coreswitches and they are active/active. I think your issue is that you have configured LACP on the switch side. You shouldn't do that. That way it will be active/active and the VirtualConnect will handle STP etc.

Try this in a Lab first though :)

Vito_B
Regular Visitor

Hi!

For A/A you should create trunk SUS using phisical port's form the same VC module. For example:
bay 1 : X7
bay 1 : X8

Then you'll get A/A.

http://h17007.www1.hp.com/docs/enterprise/servers/oneviewhelp/cic/en/content/s_ls-active-active-standby-about-fusion.html

Phillip Thayer
Esteemed Contributor

For Active/Active you would create a SUS with multiple ports from I/O Module 1 and a SUS with multiple ports from I/O module 2.

SUS_1 - encX:bay1:PortX2, PortX3...PortXn

SUS_2 - encX:bay2:PortX2,PortX3,,,PortXn

Then you create Ethernet Networks for each SUS:

Network_1 - External Port SUS_1

Network_2 - External Port SUS_2

Then in the Server Preofile you create a seeperate Ethernet Adapter Port for each Network:

Port 1 - Network_1

Port 2 - Network_2

These two Ethernet Adapter Ports will show up on the server as seperate NIC's that can then be bonded.

Phil

Once it's in production it's all bugs after that.