1753809 Members
7544 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

VC Can't modify server profile

FirestormF
Occasional Contributor

VC Can't modify server profile

I have three C7000 chassis running Virtual Connect 4.85. They're a bit long in the tooth, but I just convinced management we can wring  few more years out of them.

For whatever reason, I find myself unable to edit any of my existing server profiles.  Specifically, I'm trying to add a VLAN.  I'm able to edit and make changes to the profile, but when I select Apply or Apply and close, the "Saving Profile please wait" window appears and never closes.

This occurs on all profiles I've tried across all three chassis.  I've tried Firefox/Chrome/IE, and a different workstation with the same results.  The servers are online, but this hasn't mattered in the past for this type of change..  I also have OneView deployed, but strictly in Monitor mode.

5 REPLIES 5
AmRa
HPE Pro

Re: VC Can't modify server profile

Hi

Please check by Reset Virtual Connect Manager.

Below is the HPE article with reference to Reset Virtual Connect Manager option.

HPE Virtual Connect - Reset Virtual Connect Manager

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c03590164#:~:text=HPE%20Virtual%20Connect%20%2D%20Reset%20Virtual%20Connect%20Manager,-Information&text=To%20reset%20the%20Virtual%20Connect%20Manager%20application%20running%20on%20the,Connect%20Manager%20screen%20is%20displayed.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
FirestormF
Occasional Contributor

@AmRa 

I've restarted both OA and VC on one of the chassis.  No change.  All three that are linked together are having problems updating the server profile.

I have another C7000 chassis that's independent, same firmware level, that is not doing this.

sgunelius
Trusted Contributor

Are these G1, G2 or G3 enclosures?  Also, which model of VC modules reside in the problem enclosure?  I've seen issues where the server profile can become corrupt and had to recreate it manually or by copying another server profile.  Lastly, I see you've reset them, but have you tried actually reseating the VC modules?

Scott

FirestormF
Occasional Contributor

It's a combination of G2 and G3 enclosures, using VC Flex 10Gb/24-port. The problem existed on all enclosures at the site, but not at any of my other sites.

Since my post, the chassis were physically powered down and moved to a new location.  I still couldn't edit a server profile when they powered back on even after reseating them, so I began rebuilding one of the chassis and it seems to work - I recreated my networks, uplink sets, and server profiles and so far so good.  I switched from active/passive to active/active uplinks, so I con't confirm whether all these steps are needed or just creating a new server profile.

sgunelius
Trusted Contributor

It sounds like maybe the configuration in the chassis itself might've been corrupt.  I took backups of my configuration in each chassis after the initial build, but haven't done another backup since then (I should probably rectify that).