cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC-Flex-10 to Cisco fibre problem

chopper3
Frequent Advisor

Just a quick one guys, we have a remote data centre that I don't spend a lot of time it. On Thursday we put in a C7K with VC-F10 and VC-FC inters and some G6's, the F10s are linked to the same Cisco 3750E via both 10G SR Fibre and 1G Copper for some testing we're doing. Everything's up to the latest firmware (2.51, 2.10, 1.78, 3.4 etc.). The 1G copper ports are working fine but I'm getting mixed signals from the 10G SR ports. They're linked via 3m of OM1 62.5u LC-SC that was hanging around (I'd forgotten the Cisco X2 SR was SC!). The VC-F10 card can detect when it's connected to the Cisco (you see it go up and down in VCM) and I see a solid green light on the VC's 10G port but from the Cisco's perspective the port's never been up once. I'm not doing anything fancy with it, it's not in a shared group or anything and I've tried it as a trunk and a regular link. Both HP and Cisco manuals suggest I can use OM1 but I can't help thinking that it's the problem, I've had to order some new OM3's to site for delivery on Monday and hopefully it'll be fixed but I wondered if anyone else has had any problems with either the VC-F10's or Cisco X2 SR's not liking crappier cable even though they state they're fine with it.
1 REPLY
vcblades
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for sharing - That is correct; we need to order the following: OM3 LC-SC between Flex 10/6509 OM3 LC-LC between Flex 10 to Flex 10 ( internal or/and external) within/inbetween the enclosures Also, we don't see the MAC address of 6509 on the VC because ( LLDP is not supported on 6509 ~ not 100% sure) but there are some/few edge switches that support LLDP these days