BladeSystem - General
1752661 Members
5400 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

VC Flex10 + HP-UX 11.31 + Auto Port Aggregation - What is the correct configuration

EEESEC
Frequent Advisor

VC Flex10 + HP-UX 11.31 + Auto Port Aggregation - What is the correct configuration

I'm having some trouble finding what the configuration of my HP-UX 11.31 OS should be with my VC Flex10 module, particularly with regards to setting up APA, or if I need to be using it at all. 

I have a network defined in VC using 4 ports with connection mode of AUTO.  The uplinks connect to a switch that has the ports trunked (LACP).  On the HP-UX OS side I see 4 available "UP" interfaces.  The "Using HP APA with HP Virtual Connect Modules"  HP doc states that:

"Because each VC-Enet link aggregate appears as one NIC, there is no need to configure 802.3ad (LACP) or PAgP on individual physical ports on the HP-UX system."

So, it's saying I don't need to crate a link aggregate specifying LACP on the OS side?  It's ok that I see 4 seperate available interfaces, and I can choose any of them and all will be well?  I can't find any documentation that confirms this... any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.