BladeSystem - General
1748051 Members
5000 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VC FlexFabric-20/40 F8 Module with Cisco Nexus 5672UP-16G - No FC Connectivity

sgunelius
Trusted Contributor

VC FlexFabric-20/40 F8 Module with Cisco Nexus 5672UP-16G - No FC Connectivity

We recently deployed a G3 c7000 enclosure with VC FlexFabric-20/40 F8 modules in Interconnect Bays 1 & 2; the OA modules and VC modules are at the latest firmware release.  We've got 10GbE DACs connecting Port X1 in either module to Cisco Nexus 5672UP-16G switches for network and 8Gb FC SFP+ connecting Port X8 to 8Gb FC ports via OM3 in the same Nexus switches.

We've got network connectivity in either module, but the FC ports are showing a status of "NOT-LOGGED-IN".  The documentation indicates that "External FC Port Type should be configured as Node port s (N_Port), 2Gb, 4Gb or 8Gb auto- negotiating SFP ports".

I haven't yet run ISL connections between the Nexus switches and our SAN switches, so it might just be that, but thought I would check with the folks in the field if they've configured similarly.  Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
sgunelius
Trusted Contributor

Re: VC FlexFabric-20/40 F8 Module with Cisco Nexus 5672UP-16G - No FC Connectivity

I was able establish connectivity between the VCFF-20/40 modules and my legacy SAN Switch 4/32Bs, so there's no problem there; it looks like the modules can't FLOGI, when there are no defined SAN fabrics present on the Cisco Nexus switches.  I should've seen that.

Well, I'll report back after we establish the ISLs between the legacy switches and Nexus; I do intend to migrate away from my trusty 4/32Bs as I replace existing VC modules in my G2 enclosures with VCFF-20/40 modules.

Slavuk

I have same situation, but without SAN Switch 4/32Bs . What you done on the end ? Can this work without SAN Switch

and use only NEXUS-es ?