New Discussion

Re: VC FlexFabric - Stacking Link Error

SOLVED
Go to solution
jeromeabc
Occasional Advisor

VC FlexFabric - Stacking Link Error

HI,

I set up two Virtual Connect FlexFabric in a new chassis, there are two connections on ports FiberChannel x1 and x2, x3 nothing about ports and 4, and the four following ports are equipped with 1Gb RJ45 gbic. I have an error message at stacking Link, if I remove the Gbic x7 and x8 Port of everything again become normal, it does not surprise me because these same port are used to interconnect two FlexFabric, but is there a possibility to use both port without an error message?

8 REPLIES 8
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Check the Virtual Connect Multi-Enclosure Stacking Reference Guide for more information:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02102153/c02102153.pdf

Regards,

Vijayasarathy 

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

jeromeabc
Occasional Advisor

Think, But my customer have only one c7000 with dual VC Flexfabric in the 1st interconnets slot (Left & Right).

He have not multi-enclosure achitecture.

colinhoward
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

If you have SFPs in x7 and x8 even without a cable, it will show stacking link errors I understand based on http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-BladeSystem-Virtual-Connect/Help-with-Virtual-Connect-Stacking-links/td-p/.UNGRXW9RKaU

Hope that helps

Colin

jeromeabc
Occasional Advisor

Both SFP are cabling.
With or Without cable, problem be the same
Can I use x7 et x8 for output?

colinhoward
Occasional Visitor

As I understand it you can use them for output, but it will disable the internal (stacking) links and therefore you won't have redundancy between the two units (which brings you back to your original issue).  It might be possible to connect the two using an SFP-DAC on x3 or x4 to regain the redundancy but I've not got any practical experience of that, so you'll need to look through the manual and see if that's an option (or someone who knows more about it all might respond)

jeromeabc
Occasional Advisor

I cannot use x3 and x4, because, it's works only with 10Gb SPF+ or FiberChannel SFP

My goal, it's have four link of 1Gbs per VC Flexfabric Module
Psychonaut
Respected Contributor
Solution

Put a DAC cable in X3 or X4 to get that stacking link back.  We talked about this in this thread - Post .

jeromeabc
Occasional Advisor

@ Psykonaut : Thank, I did like this, it's no problem if I have only 3 links per modules. DAC it's not necessary for our infrastructure

@ all other: thank for your help, it's cool