1748172 Members
4160 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VC Flow Control Questions

Tusc
Advisor

VC Flow Control Questions

I read on another forum that flow control is "ON" by default for Flex10\FlexFabric downlink ports only and not uplink ports. Is this true? Is there a CLI command I can use to verify flow control settings? I know how to change the flow control setting but not see the current setting in use.

Oh, and a little background.. our Cisco switches have been creating sep port groups for our uplink ports due to mis-matched flow control settings. So I am trying to figure out what is going on. :)

5 REPLIES 5
Psychonaut
Respected Contributor

This was posted a couple of weeks ago - it talks about the default settings; but doesn't answer how to show what it is currently set at:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-BladeSystem-Virtual-Connect/Virtual-Connect-FlexFabric-interconnect-modules-and-Ethernet/m-p/5337889/highlight/true#M1529
Psychonaut
Respected Contributor

Have you tried show statistics? Or DCBX Priority Flow Control State? It looks like one of those should show you that status.
Tusc
Advisor

Yeah.. I get:

DCBX Priority Flow Control State            The feature is operationally disabled

Does that mean someone manually disabled it?

Psychonaut
Respected Contributor

I think I gave some bad advice there; we should probably disregard DCBX. I just ran a show and this is what I saw:

->show advanced-networking
PacketBufferOverallocationRatio : 1
FlowControl : auto
Tusc
Advisor

Perfect, thanks