1748058 Members
5597 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: VC iSCSI HBA

DELAdmin
Occasional Contributor

VC iSCSI HBA

I'm using HP BL460 G7 servers in a C7000 enclosure. It appears that with my VC module I can only have to 2 iSCSI adapters presented to the servers in the server profile. What I want to know is how can I add additional iSCSI adabpters if I cannot use the additional adapters with iSCSI?

I'm planning on using Hyper-V and would like to seperate the CSV, LiveMigration and Storage connections over iSCSI.

I'll continue going over the iscsi cookbook and vc ethernet guides but it appears to me I could only do this by adding another VC module or someother type of hardware but I'm not sure. Is there a best practice with Hyper-V and VC documentation?

1 REPLY 1
Casper42
Respected Contributor

Re: VC iSCSI HBA

the iSCSI option in the profile is a HW iSCSI offload that shows to Windows as an HBA.

You can still use the MS Softwarte iSCSI Initiator with any other standard NIC at the top of the profile if you need more than 2.

But I don't see how Live Migration would use iSCSI.  That should be a standard NIC.

And when you say CSV, do you mean the storage under the CSV or the Cluster heartbeat network?  Because that would also be Ethernet and not iSCSI.

Ultimately you still get 4 functions per port (8 total with a 460), but only 1 of those per port will be a HW Offload iSCSI HBA.

Keep in mind you need to use Emulex OneCommand Manager to configure the iSCSI HBA.