BladeSystem - General
1748136 Members
3624 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VCEM server installed with incorrect mode.

cls.co.za

Hi I have run into an issue on one of my sites. The VCEM was installed originally in "Stand-Alone" mode. The problem is that the client wants to use HP SIM and ALL of it's add-on licensed features. When VCEM is installed in "Stand-Alone" mode one cannot add any of these other plug-in features i.e. Performance Management Pack. The VC's are active and configured into a single domain. My problem worsens... The HP SIM / VCEM server was renamed. I now cannot get HP SIM nor VCEM open. I have taken the precaution of backing up the SQL database but.... I have primarily 2 major concerns 1) If I trash (format / re-install) the VCEM (HP SIM) server will the Domain remain active and fully functional? 2) In the same breath I need to ask when I have a correctly configured VCEM (HP SIM) server installed what is the correct process to get the current domain "imported" into this new VCEM (HP SIM) server? Thanks for taking the time to read this and any advice would be appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

For (1) Yes it will remain active - you just cant manage it (no changes) till the VCEM is back up and running and the VCEM database restored.
cls.co.za

Hi when I run the command remove external-manager UserName="what ever" Does the VC stay up and active? And during the import the VC into the new VCEM does the VC stay up? Thanks
dchmax
Frequent Advisor

I've run into the problem of when a server was renamed and SQL was running on it. SQL needs to be renamed. I think this link refereneces that. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143799%28SQL.90%29.aspx