BladeSystem - General
1753764 Members
4918 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Virtual Connect Beta program "Multiple enclosures domain"

Since version 1.31 there is a possibility to extend the Virtual Connect domain by adding and importing multiple enclosures. I'd like to share experience, possibilities and more about this feature on the virtual connect infrastructure in this discussion. There is a Beta-program that will enable this feature. If you have some information please share. Happy connecting. Lodewijk
3 REPLIES 3

Hallo, If you include an enclosure the virtual connect modules between the enclosures must be stacked. Is there an adviced configuration for stacking between enclosures? Is it supported to use fiber (long distance) between the enclosures or must the enclosures reside in the same rack? (connected via the up/down link cables). What is the maximum number of enclosure that can be connected into 1 domain? Which version VCEM will support this?
Jeroen_Kleen
HPE Pro

Lodewijk, Good2hear again from you. The multi enclosure stacking beta future will only be available so far for the 1.3x firmware. It will not be available yet in the 2.0x firmware! We recommend not to use this in production but only for evaluation and acceptance testing. This feature will be supported formally in the fw in a later timeframe in 2009. For now a beta-license agreement needs to be made up via the ISS BETA team. Enclosures can be linked together via 10GB or 1GB connections just like we connect regular stackinglinks. The best is to start by having 1 enclosure connected and installed with VC; and then from this VCM you let the other enclosures join the VCD (assuming you had the stacking links already in place upfront). Let me know if you need info. Cheers, Jeroen
(I am an HPE employee)
Jeroen_Kleen
HPE Pro

Lodewijk, All enclosures needs to be in 1 rack and the max. is 4. Simply 1 rack because otherways HP SIM will not draw out the rack picture very well . In principle any supported stacking cable can be used. Fiber as well but most customers will use the in-expensive CX4 cables. Any stacking connection is allowed between the different enclosure. I'm not sure yet what VCEM version will be supporting this. Maybe none until its formally released later on 2009. cheers, jeroen
(I am an HPE employee)