BladeSystem - General
1753505 Members
5567 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Virtual Connect Domain Group removal without VCEM?

Miltek

Virtual Connect Domain Group removal without VCEM?

While I was attempting to upgrade to HPSIM 6.2, I needed to update my firmware on the Virtual Connects to 3.10.  I tried the maintenance mode on the domain group via the VCEM and upgraded the first VC domain just fine, but it never allowed me to get it out of maintenance mode fully it appears that 2 out of 6 of the virtual connects did not come out of maintenance, no matter what I did, it would just hang whenever the domain group was selected from VCEM (I tried from several different machines, same result).  I then removed the domain group via VCEM, which showed 100% successful.  Since it was successful, I went to finish upgrading the Virtual Connects to 3.10, but 2 VC domains did not let me.

I then telneted to the OA and connected into the VCM for the domains with an issue and ran "set external-manager UserName=A1683815355 Enabled=False" and then was able to finish upgrading the Virtual Connects to 3.10. 

In trying to resolve why I could not upgrade HPSIM 5.3 to HPSIM 6.2, I uninstalled HPSIM 5.3 and installed HPSIM 6.2 and keep trying to add VCEM, but it fails and looks like it is because the virtual connects still think that they are a member of a domain group.  When I look at the MAC & WWN configuration, the two that are having the problem show externally configured.

Is there any way to get these virtual connect domains to no longer think that they are part of the domain group without blowing away all of the configuration and without the ability to use VCEM? (as it is not upgraded to a compatible version yet, it fails to upgrade...and it also appears to be because of it thinking that the domain group still exists in some form or fashion)

Please help, if you can.

2 REPLIES 2
chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

WIll see if I can get some help.

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Some info from the experts on a similar issue. See if it may help you. It is in a posting just after yours in the forum.

From Vincent:

Besides removing the FC connections in all the server profiles, you need to remove the fabrics defined on the VC-FC modules, then administratively remove the modules in the VCM GUI, then finally physically remove the modules and you should be all set.