HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
BladeSystem Virtual Connect
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Connect Enterprise Manager (VCEM) vs Virtual Connect Manager (VCM) MAC Address ranges.

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Virtual Connect Enterprise Manager (VCEM) vs Virtual Connect Manager (VCM) MAC Address ranges.

Samuel writes:

VCEM Experts,

I have done some research that tells me the client will be unable to remove VC Domains with MAC Address ranges assigned by VCEM 6.2 and expect VCM (3.01) to manage those same MACs since VCEM uses different MAC address ranges then VCM.  Please confirm that what this client is asking below is not possible. 

If we remove the virtual connect domains out of SIM will it cause the profiles to be wiped and cause the servers to reboot or change their MAC addresses? We need this change to not impact any of our servers or cause an unexpected reboot. Can you answer this question and provide with with best practices on removing VCEM and virtual connects out of SIM.

Vincent replied:

Ejecting a domain out of a domain group has no effect on the existing assigned profiles.

VCM will see the profiles as having user-defined (or externally-managed, I don’t remember exactly how it shows) MAC addresses. Any new profile you create from VCM will pick addresses from the VCM range you’ve designated when ejecting the domain from VCEM.

ANy other comments?