3830 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion

Virtual Connect Enterprise (VCEM) Compatibility mode

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Virtual Connect Enterprise (VCEM) Compatibility mode

Nick had a VCEM upgrade question:

Can anyone tell me when the VCEM Firmware compatibility mode came in? I have a customer is running an old version of VCEM (I don’t have the specific version yet, but it’s an old Matrix 6.2 system, although Matrix isn’t used anymore!), and they are thinking of doing a firmware upgrade. I seem to recall that very early version of VCEM didn’t have the firmware compatibility mode.

From Fred:

Matrix 6.2 most likely means you have VCEM 6.2. The VCEM 6.2 UG http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.BINARYPORTLET/public/kb/docDisplay/resource.process/?spf_p.tpst=kbDocDisplay_ws_BI&spf_p.rid_kbDocDisplay=docDisplayResURL&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&spf_p.rst_kbDocDisplay=wsrp-resourceState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c02537509-5%257CdocLocale%253Den_US&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken mentions support of VC firmware versions back to 2.1x.

In planning this, you’ll want the current VC version as well as the target upgrade VC version.

If they’ve got 1/10 Enet modules, the farthest they can go is VC 3.61.

You’ll also want the current VCEM version. Depending on their VC upgrade plans, they may need to upgrade VCEM.

An additional factor is the CMS host OS.

An additional factor is the CMS host OS. SIM 7.0 dropped support for 32-bit OS. Upgrading to 7.0 or higher requires a 64-bit OS on the CMS.

Comments?