BladeSystem Virtual Connect
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Connect Flex10 support with BL860c/BL870c (Not i2 Blade)

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Virtual Connect Flex10 support with BL860c/BL870c (Not i2 Blade)

Mitsuo had a customer question:

Hello Experts,

I have a customer who requests HP to clarify the supportability on the Virtual Connect Flex10 interconnect module with the BL860c/BL870C LOM.

As far as I checked that the only Flex10 NIC and Flex10 Mezz cards are supported.

BL860c/BL870c LOM do not support Flex10 unlike the BL8x0c i2 blades. So the answer for the customer is that HP will not support BL860c/BL870c LOM for the connection to the Flex10 interconnect module.

Please let me know if my understanding is correct.

Regards

Hoa replied:

Mitsuo,

With Bl860c/BL870c and VC Flex-10 you can use but seeing only 1Gb on the LOM coming out of VC Flex-10, this LOM can't slide up.   VC supports NFT and TLB teaming modes so depending what OS you're running.  If is HPUX,  APA will not work with Smartlink.   It is useable but don't expect SmartLink to work with APA in Active/Active configuration.    I would use Active/Standby.   That's my understanding unless others in this forum see something I don't understand.

Other comments or questions?

I would recommend the customer look at the Virtual Connect 1/10Gb Ethernet module as it would provide 1Gb downlinks to the servers and 10Gb uplinks to the upstream switches.