1753822 Members
8692 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Virtual Connect Manager still uses Flash

Matt20v
Occasional Visitor

I am having a very similar issue was a bit late to the party as I have not had to log into my VC for ages but I have updated to 4.85 and the interface is so slow and does not load properly no matter what browser I use.
I get that time out message when I first log in and not all the icons display correctly. There hasn’t been a newer update to fix this has there or is there anything in the browser config you need to do to allow it to run correctly ?

Thanks in advance.

rmay_bk
Valued Contributor

Which browser?  I have similar issues with the new Chromium-based Edge but the "real" Chrome works better.

The fastest/best browser I've found for use with the latest VC firmware is Firefox 52.9 ESR.

Matt56
Occasional Visitor

The current version of Firefox is my goto for Virtual Connect, it's worth noting that if one is using a really old version of Virtual Connect that I've had to use an old version of firefox portable as it includes an older version of flash etc i think

Matt20v
Occasional Visitor

Thanks i was using Edge and then Chrome but sounds like i might need to try with Firefox ... 

Will test again today and see who we go

Thanks guys! 

Update - Tested with Firefox and its like chalk and cheese the interface instantly loads, thanks again slighlty dissapointing that when its developed in HTML5 and it does not work as well across all browsers  

But i can do what i need so all good! 

Cheers 

PDP-Fan
Valued Contributor

Ok I just managed to update to 4.85 but it was a struggle since I'm not familiar with the CLI and I first had to set up the VC-Flex module in my workshop enclosure first.... with a GUI that was half dead.... thanks to Adobe!

I'd say what Adobe did with this total blockage of Flash content is criminal damage. They just built in an ultimatum into their software and now perfectly working stuff is suddenly unusable.
I fully understand that they don't want to be responsible for damage caused by security flaws. But why didn't they include the possibility for the user to say "I know the risks, please continue" Why must it be a total stop??

"If it seems illogical... you just don't have enough information"
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Totally agree with you.

Example:

Most browsers disabled FTP access, but you can continue to use at your own risk.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Xavier Walker
Advisor

I'm guessing this is with the more recent Virtual Connect Flex-10/10D module and not the older Flex-10 ?

The older one (as no longer supported) will not accept the newer HTML5-enabled firmware.

So I agree with your comment regaring Adobe killing Flash, but I'd also say the same thing about HPE killing and removing usability of the older boards - would it have been that difficult to enable HTML5 on those?

rpommier
Occasional Collector

I've been successful using VNX Launcher from EMC. I have to use it to manage some old VNX Storage. It's a self contained version of Firefox and Java. So far it seems to display the flash based vConnect Manager.

SyedHasanRizvi

Run below cmd according to your server OS

Windows Server 2016

dism /online /add-package /packagepath:”C:\Windows\Servicing\Packages\Adobe-Flash-For-Windows-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0.mum”

Windows Server 2019 Build 17744

dism /online /add-package /packagepath:”C:\Windows\servicing\Packages\Adobe-Flash-For-Windows-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.17744.1001.mum”

Windows Server 2019 Build 17763 (RTM)

dism /online /add-package /packagepath:”C:\Windows\servicing\Packages\Adobe-Flash-For-Windows-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.17763.1.mum”