BladeSystem - General
1753599 Members
6530 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion

Virtual Connect and MS Multicast Load Balancing - any issues?

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Virtual Connect and MS Multicast Load Balancing - any issues?

Phil had a new VC customer that was looking to use Microsoft Multicast Load Balancing and wanted to make sure there were no issues.

**************************************************************************************************************

Are there any configuration tips for using Virtual Connect with MS Multicast Load Balancing?

I’ve seen something on some forums that suggest there is nothing in VC to really set but there may be on switches/routers down the chain.

I’d be grateful for any thoughts on using VC with MS MLB and whether there is anything we need to be aware of...

**************************************************************************************************************

Some words of wisdon and encouragement from Chris:

***************************************************************************************************************

If they are planning on using multicast NLB, then IGMP Snooping must be enabled within the VC domain. There is nothing else to set or configure with VC. Also, I would suggest Server Mapped VLANs be enabled, and not use VLAN Tunneling.

****************************************************************************************************************

Are you using this type of configuration? Let us know if you have words of wisdom for Phil and the rest of us.