BladeSystem - General
1752758 Members
4902 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Virtual Connect firmware release 3.17 is available for download.

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Virtual Connect firmware release 3.17 is available for download.

Virtual Connect firmware version 3.17 is available at http://bit.ly/vcfw-317 .  This is largely a bug fix release.  This release resolves the recent DNS issue, and other causes of NO-COMM, just to name a few.

The Release Notes are not yet visible but we expect them to be "live" in 24-48 hours. Attached are updated urls for the Virtual Connect Solution Recipe guides for Virtual Connect FlexFabric and Virtual Connect Flex-10 modules. They should also be "live" in the next 24-48 hours.

Be sure to review and implement the Customer Advisory c02639172 immediately to see if any recent changes made to Enclosure configurations are at risk of not being persistently preserved. If the changes were made by a non-Administrator user account, before the next OA firmware upgrade or reset, the workaround documented in c02639172 must be executed immediately to ensure the prior Enclosure configuration changes are persistently preserved. The issue described in c02639172 was resolved with OA 3.21 or later.

VC FlexFabric:    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02610285/c02610285.pdf

VC Flex-10:         http://h20195.www2.hp.com/V2/GetPDF.aspx/4AA3-3148ENW.pdf

3 REPLIES 3
chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Re: Virtual Connect firmware release 3.17 is available for download.

Manuel had a question:

Do we have any guidelines to follow for the new VC fw update in the event that the enclosure is in a NO COMMS condition?  Should we proceed with the process outlined in the VC Advisory and then perform the fw update or ?   I have read the instructions for the new fw but am not finding anything that addresses that. 

Todd replied:

Correct the NO-COMM issue first. Make sure it’s resolved before proceeding. Then run the VCSU healthcheck and report as a sanity check to make sure communication is o.k. Then you can update the FW.

Any other quesions we can answer for you?

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Richard had a question:

Just a quick double-check, I've got a customer about to schedule downtime to upgrade to VC f/w 3.17 (or 3.15) and whilst I'm comfortable in recommending 3.17 for the ProLiant's I wanted to be sure there were no issues/dependencies in recommending the same for their mixed enclosures.

Mark responded:

I am not aware of any issues recommending an upgrade to VC 3.17 for a mixed environment.

As far as dependencies, the iLO & OA versions exist in all the environments, so nothing specific to “mixed”.

Comments?

Mary Gietman
Occasional Contributor

Does anyone know if we need to step the upgrade or can we go directly from 2.32 to 3.17, Just want to make sure we dont need to stagger step this upgrade