6310 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Virtual Connect module default configuration Page # 11 SIG

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Virtual Connect module default configuration Page # 11 SIG

Hariam had a Virtual Connect question:

I am going through VC setup and installation guide. On page # 11 it talks about “Default module configuration”. This mode works without any domain configured and ports can be LACP to a single network. This all looks interesting.

Since I’ve not used this before, I would like to know if anyone has setup the default module configuration, and how to manage VC using this mode because there is no VCM. Is it similar to a pass-through mode?

Reference : http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c03478426/c03478426.pdf (Page # 11)

Reply from Vincent:

There’s nothing to setup, that’s the point of that special startup mode. It exists to have basic connectivity for the blade servers before you start configuring VC (for a quick test, or because the person responsible for the VC setup is out on a training or whatever). As soon as you start configuring VC (by importing the enclosure in VCM), that special mode stops, you actually have a dialog box when you import the enclosure that tells you it’s going to cut off the network connectivity for the servers.

Comments?