BladeSystem - General
1753416 Members
7180 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Virtual Connect server profile to more than one server?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Oneil Matlock
Advisor

Virtual Connect server profile to more than one server?

Hi folks,

I am new to virtual connect, but I've got it going now using version 3.75 (will be upgrading to 4.3 soon).

I have a basic server profile question.  I've created one server profile so far and assigned it to Bay 1.

Is it possible to assign the same server profile to more than one Bay (or server)?

Or should I create a new server profile for each Bay (or server)?

Pic attached.  Thanks!

romatlo

3 REPLIES 3
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

You cannot assign 1 VC profile to 2 server blades...

A VC server profilce contains (for instance) MAC addresses for the network ports and you don't want the same MAC addresses on 2 servers at the same time... ;-)

What you can do is select the current VC profile and duplicate it... Then this second VC profile will contain other MAC addresses and so can be assigned to the second server blade...

Kr,

Bart Heungens

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
Oneil Matlock
Advisor

Thank you for your feedback!!

LouisH
Valued Contributor

You can create a server profile, then copy it with a "new" server name. then apply both profiles to two different servers.

This keeps you from having to create from scratch each profile for each server, if they are all going to be the same (uplinks, Vlans, speeds, etc.)

Older VC firmware, we had some problems with copying a profile more than 4 or 5 times. They would look good but just not connect correctly....newer firmware, we have no problems as before.

Regards,

Louis