BladeSystem - General
1752808 Members
6747 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

What is the steps to properly add new VLAN into the VC modules Blade ESXi servers can use it ?

Server-Support
Super Advisor

What is the steps to properly add new VLAN into the VC modules Blade ESXi servers can use it ?

Hi People,

I'd like to know what is the steps that I need to do in order to add new VLAN that is already created by the network team, so that I can assign the correct uplink to the vSwitch in VMware VCenter ?

I don't have any knowledge in building up Virtual Connect from scratch but I just need to add this VLAN urgently to the HP Blade 460c G8 server.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
2 REPLIES 2
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Re: What is the steps to properly add new VLAN into the VC modules Blade ESXi servers can use it ?

Albert:

It depends upon your current VC Configuration.

If you are not using Uplink Sets, the links might have tunneling configured... in which case you do not need to do anything except define the new vlan within your VMware Environment.

If you are using Uplink Sets, then tunneling is disabled.  You would need to go to the Uplink Set configuration page and add a new vLAN Tagged network there.  Afterwards, you'd need to go to each server profile that needs to access it and make sure that new network is added to the appropriate adaptors.

Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Server-Support
Super Advisor

Re: What is the steps to properly add new VLAN into the VC modules Blade ESXi servers can use it ?

yes it uses Uplink Sets.

is there any guidelines how to configure it step-by-steps ?

Best regards,