BladeSystem Virtual Connect
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is VC declaring some of the SUS uplink ports as Linked-Stanby?

noone2
Occasional Contributor

Why is VC declaring some of the SUS uplink ports as Linked-Stanby?

Hello,

I have SUS with 4 uplink ports. These 4 ports are connected to two DT switches (2 ports per switch). All four of them belong to a DT Trunk (dt-lacp). SUS Connection mode is Auto. I expect that all four uplink ports from this SUS be Linked-Active.

The problem is, VC declares two uplink ports (connected to SW1) as Linked-Active, and the other two ports (connected to SW2) as Linked-Standby. This is giving me quite a headache, because DT switches are apparently not aware that these two links are "standby" and are trying to send some of the packets (when load ballancing algorithm decides so) thru them. Naturally, these packets are lost.

Can anyone help me understand why does VC choose to put these ports in the Standby mode, even though they are a part of the same distributed trunk (dt-lacp) on the DT switches as the other two, Active, ports?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES
noone2
Occasional Contributor

Re: Why is VC declaring some of the SUS uplink ports as Linked-Stanby?

Is it really possible than no one in the world, ever, faced similar issue? Maybe my problem description is not good enough?

msh_it
Frequent Advisor

Re: Why is VC declaring some of the SUS uplink ports as Linked-Stanby?

Are your switches cascaded? do you have like a virtual switch on the top of the two physical switch? are these four ports bind by one ethernet channel, if these ports belong to two ethernet channels, then you will face active/standby issues.

I will advise you to create two SUS, from each VC module and switch, then all ports should show as active/active.

hope this is helpful for you

-------------------------------

msh_it | UAE | AbuDhabi

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Below!