5021 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: c3000 FlexFabric 10/24 to StorageWorks 8/24 FC SAN Switch

VinnieNZ
Frequent Visitor

c3000 FlexFabric 10/24 to StorageWorks 8/24 FC SAN Switch

Hi,

I'm having problems trying to connect a FlexFabric 10/24 to a StorageWorks 8/24 FC SAN switch.

In VC I've setup a SAN fabric and server profile to include ports X1 & X3 on the back of the  10/24 and connected these with 8Gb FC SFP's to the FC SAN.

Ports on the FC SAN are set to NPIV enabled (but show as F-Port in the the status) , and I have option 3 set for that bug (even though my VC and SAN switch firmware are up-to-date).

I can see the WWN's on the SAN switch for the 10/24 ports fine, but I can't see any WWN's coming through for the servers that I have the profile attached to.  In fact, these are showing as NOT-LOGGED-IN on the server (SAN Fabric shows both ports up and LOGGED-IN).

Server that I'm working with is a BL680c G7 with the NC553i card in it (which, by my understanding, should work fine), with VMware ESXi 6.5 installed.

FlexFabric 10/24 is installed in Interconnect 1.  Blade is in Bay 4.  Mapping seems to show correctly when I view it.

Happy to provide any more info required.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
frenchy94
Regular Advisor

Did you configure correctly 553 in FCOE ? by default there are configured in
ISCSI mode

---
L'absence de virus dans ce courrier électronique a été vérifiée par le logiciel antivirus Avast.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
VinnieNZ
Frequent Visitor

I've gone in and changed these, I can now see the FCoE adapters showing up in VMware ESXi, but still not seeing the WWN's coming through to the SAN switch (or storage available in ESXi).

Any further suggestions?