cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

c7000 daisy chain

Chintan Shah
Occasional Advisor

c7000 daisy chain

Hi, I have 3 c7000 daisy chained, with full redundancy.. bay 1, 2 xVC 1/10GB interconnet modules bay3,4 2x VC-FC 4 GB interconnect modules bay 5, 6 xVC 1/10GB interconnet modules last 2xOA Inmplementing Vmware ESXi1 OA's are FW 2.41 iLo 1.70 10x460c Blades 2008.11.03  (10 Dec 2008) FW: 2008.11.02  (8 Dec 2008) I am runnig into alot of issues lately regarding connectivity, Vlan tagging etc.. Is there any specific instruction for daisy chain environment... Anyone has implemented daisy chain c7000, please share your thoughts on do,s and dont,s....
2 REPLIES
Jeroen_Kleen
HPE Pro

c7000 daisy chain

Howdy, Just read the drawer statement on : http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c01724621 You are consuming already to much VC-SAN & VC-ethernet modules within the environment. You have 3x6=18 while a maximum of 16 is allowed. What kind of 1/10 VC module do you have have in your 1st primary enclosure? If its a 1/10 with 2x CX4 then you have the wrong modules as primary; you need the 1/10F version (the one with 1xCX4 & 2xXFP 10GB) or the new flex10 module for the 1st primary enclosure that makes up the VCD that every other enclosure act as slave on. I assume your run VC FW 2.10; when possible go to OA FW 2.51 and see the other components that you need to upgrade then on www.hp.com/go/bladesystemupdates. I hope this helps to bring you a little step further? cheers, Jeroen Kleen
(I am an HPE employee and a HPE OneSphere evangelist)
Engage as well with HPE OneSphere experts at our new slack channels for quick and agile discussions around HPE OneSphere and HPE Dev: https://www.labs.hpe.com/slack
If your question is resolved then please acknowledge that and/or provide Kudo's.
Chintan Shah
Occasional Advisor

c7000 daisy chain

Hi Jeroen, Thank you very much for your reply. It greatly helps me to understand the VC technology better. The VC FW is 2.10 and after facing LDAP coonectivity issues in OA, FW were upgraded to 2.51. The challenge faced is the first time implementation of multi enclosure stacking and realizing the dependencies in regards to best practices. Chintan Shah (ASM Sydney)