5234 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

ssh issue with VC Flex-10 switches

azarembok
Visitor

ssh issue with VC Flex-10 switches

Hello,

I have been occasionally seeing a problem when trying to connect to Virtual Connect via SSH.  After entering my username and password, I get a message that says "Unable to communicate with the virtual connect manager.  Please retry again later".

I have seen this on at least two different systems, one c7000 and one c3000.  I believe the issue started after upgrading to VC 4.10.  I can always clear up the issue by resetting whichever switch is the VC primary, and forcing a failover to the other switch.  I know that the username/password are correct and that VC is configured to allow ssh connections, because the connection works fine most of the time.

Has anyone seen this problem, and are their any known solutions or workarounds?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
envqa
Occasional Visitor

Re: ssh issue with VC Flex-10 switches

got same issue after upgrade from 3.7x to 4.10. SSH connect to OA is still functional as the one to Virtual Connect Manager fails in your same conditions : after credentials inputs just the error message come

azarembok
Visitor

I was recently informed by HP support that VC 4.30 (not yet released) will contain a fix that should address this issue.

MrToots
Occasional Visitor

Now that 4.3x has been released, does anyone know whether this fixed the issue with SSH that generated the "Unable to communicate with the Virtual Connect Manager. Please retry again later" message?  I don't see any reference to this problem in the documented "fixes" section of the 4.31 firmware updates.  

azarembok
Visitor

Since upgrading several systems to 4.30, I have NOT seen the problem recur.  I was seeing it fairly regularly before upgrading.  So I believe that it is fixed.

MrToots
Occasional Visitor

The other issue with 4.3x is that there may be an expected long network outage to blade servers in the enclosure - several minutes possibly - as the firmware is installed. Is this true?  I don't have the luxury of a maintenance window where I work - it is 24x7x365 here.