1748069 Members
5679 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: upgrade firmware c7000 g3 to version 4.62 and firmware nic

Marcusw
Visitor

upgrade firmware c7000 g3 to version 4.62 and firmware nic

I have a bl460c g9 chassis with virtual connect two module: c7000 g3 with firmware 4.41

My goal is to upgrade to 4.62

If upgrade virtual connect to 4.62 i can have 536flb cards with xxx old firmware.?

My questions:

1) i can upgrade virtual connect to 4.62 and to mantain 563flb with old firmware for compatibility with OS?

2) for total upgrade chassis the correct sequence is? upgrade virtual connet and next step upgrade nic? or

upgrade total nic and next step upgrade virtual connect? ( i not find document for which answers these questions.

thanks for support

4 REPLIES 4
frenchy94
Regular Advisor

There a WP regarding firmware update on C7000 you should look into

Need be carefull between firmware and driver of Nic card there are some
mandatory matrix to be respected

Now state of art for update should be

Oa firmware

Ilo firmware

Bios firmware

Nic firmware

Nic drivers

VC firmware

---
L'absence de virus dans ce courrier ├йlectronique a ├йt├й v├йrifi├йe par le logiciel antivirus Avast.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
Marcusw
Visitor

the matrix only exists for vc firmware and firmware chassis,

the firmware of the vc only requires that the cards are updated but does not oblige to do so is written.

I wrote in this forum just because there is nothing official hp on how to proceed for upgrade

for example vmware OS works with some certified firmware, putting last firmware of the cards means going out of support,

then put the latest board/nic/hba firmware and then the virtual connect firmware is wrong.

the virtual connect firmware should support all versions of the card/nic/hba firmware and it should be put first, after I choose which firmware to put on nic/hba,card for compatibility reasons matrix.

if you know a link where hp publishes the real compatibility list between firmware virtual connect and cards/nic/hba you can write the link, I have never found anything

thanks

frenchy94
Regular Advisor

What is your OS type and versions ?

---
L'absence de virus dans ce courrier ├йlectronique a ├йt├й v├йrifi├йe par le logiciel antivirus Avast.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
Marcusw
Visitor

esxi 5.5u3 and esxi 6.0u3

thanks